Prevent is more than a one-off staff training session and we know Ofsted will be reviewing this across all areas of the school. The whole school approach looks at all aspects that contribute to building resilience against radicalisation, promoting British values, and challenging violent extremism. This is a diagnostic service with Fiona Maida – our highly experienced lead on curriculum development – for everything from the classroom displays to its active embedding within the curriculum.
What do we offer?
• Specialist, bespoke consultation, involving fact finding interviews with key staff members, reviewing all areas involved with the contribution to the Prevent strategy across the school.
• At the end of the process, a report and an action plan will be written and shared, outlining areas of strengths and any proposals strengthening the school’s Prevent strategy.
Areas covered include:
• School Policy
• Delivery of PHSCE
• Teaching and content of Religious Education
• SMSC across the Curriculum
• Staff Training
• Home/School relationships and the local community
• Coaching/ tutor time and the pastoral system
• Role of Safer Schools Police Officer
Time and Cost:
• Tailored to the size and needs of your institution
• Can last from a half day to three days