Audience: Young people, delivered to large groups or more targeted interventions. No number restriction. Starting from 1.5 hrs.
Description: The course covers exploitation, violence and extremism and encourages discussions around risks and vulnerabilities and focuses on practical action, using real cases. The trainer talks about how young people are recruited, and what they can do to stay safe. All young people will leave the sessions understanding the exploitative recruitment processes used by gangs/violent extremists and the catastrophic dangers involved with joining groups alongside the serious consequences. Most importantly, though, they will walk away with real tools to avoid recruitment and exploitation.
The trainer will engage in interaction and discussions with students (age appropriate) around risks and and vulnerabilities and they focus on practical action.
1.. What does extremism, terrorism and violent extremism mean? The relevance of British values
2. Context including communities, the experience of young people and intersections with other challenges
3. Role of the media and perceptions – Real or fake news
4. The process of radicalisation and disengagement with examples from the Far Right and Islamist extremisms –including why people join
5. Recruiter techniques (including grooming) and the reality. Videos and clips
6. Practical steps: Protecting yourself and others.
What we provide:
✓Evaluation form (so we can make sure you’re happy pre and post course)
✓Certificate (on completion)
✓Free access to short films tackling extremism useful in youth environments
Note: Buy a package, get a discount