Length of course: 3 hours
For those working with young and vulnerable people, the impact of violent extremism and radicalisation is an increasingly urgent element of standard safeguarding. Our trainer led course is intended to work around your organisational requirements and needs and make the course interactive so that staff confidence can be raised.
Through its combination of academic knowledge, practitioner experience and community connection, ConnectFutures has developed this course to increase understanding about the law, the path into and out of violent extremism, and the practical actions to help prevent and identify risk and vulnerability.
1.. Legislation: understanding the law and its implications for your work
2. Definitions of extremism/violent extremism:
3. Wider history, context and community experiences
4. Understanding to prevent: recruitment techniques and propaganda. Videos
5. Table group activity:
6. Processes of radicalisation and disengagement -Identifying risk and vulnerabilities in individuals
7. Practical action: talking through real cases, preventing, intervening, signposting, de/escalating
We tailor our courses to the needs of your sector and organisation, with trainers experienced in policing, prisons and probation, health, housing and more, and for different staff needs, from front line workers to management and policy officers.
What we provide:
✓Evaluation form (so we can make sure you’re happy pre and post course)
✓Certificate (on completion)
✓Blogs and articles to share with staff on extremism
✓Free access to short films tackling extremism useful in school and college environment
Note: Buy a package, get a discount