PROFESSIONALS | Online Courses | SAVE: Safeguarding Against Violent Extremism
Quick online courses for professionals in educational, public & third sectors on safeguarding against violent extremism talking through real cases, discussing prevent strategies and learning intervening techniques.
• Legislation: understanding the law and its implications for your work
• Violent extremism: what does this mean, what might it look like, how can we tell?
• Wider history, context and community experiences
• Understanding to prevent: recruitment techniques and propaganda
• Processes of radicalisation and disengagement
• Identifying risk and vulnerabilities in individuals
• Practical action: talking through real cases, preventing, intervening, signposting, de/escalating
Case studies – Far right, animal rights and Extremist Islamists