PROFESSIONALS | SAVE | Safeguarding Against Violent Extremism
This courses increases and deepens the knowledge of violent extremism and is combined with practical tools and strategies for effective safeguarding work including prevention and intervention & processes.
• Legislation: understanding the law and its implications
• Violent extremism: what does this mean, what might it look like, how can we tell?
• Wider history, context and community experiences
• Understanding to prevent: recruitment techniques and propaganda
• Processes of radicalisation and disengagement
• Identifying risk and vulnerabilities in individuals
• Group exercises to embed theory into practice
• Case studies relevant to participants, from a range of extremist ideologies
• Preventing, intervening, signposting, de/escalating
• Tools including the Behaviour Barometer to aid proportionate responses to vulnerability